If you’re a great writer and want to contribute to SHARPEN, the online magazine of ASMP NY, we want to hear from you!
If you have expertise to share with our readers there are three options for contributing:
Commit to write 1-4 times per month on a specific topic of your interest. (i.e. business, art, technology, etc). This requires at least a six month commitment. If you are interested in becoming a regular columnist, please submit your contact information, resume and a writing for consideration to email@example.com
Write a 4-6 times a year. Our editor will added you to our list of contributors for specific topics and will contact you when opportunities to write stories about those topics comes up. If you are interested in becoming a regular columnist, please submit your contact information, resume and a writing sample for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage writers to submit their COMPLETED ARTICLES for consideration. No commitment to write on a regular basis, no requirements.
Guest Blogging Requirements:
- Well written and high-quality original article.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of SHARPEN.
- Short Author Bio (3-5 sentences)
- At least three images 1000 pixels in width minimum to illustrate your article.
- Proper attribution of ideas, quotations, data and other material that is not your own.
- We reserve the right to publish or reject any submission without question based on our own internal standards and to be sure that all posts reflect the overall voice of SHARPEN.
- We reserve the right to edit your blog post to fit our criteria for style.
- Articles should not be self-promotional. If you have something to sell, we don’t want to know about it in a guest blogging post (maybe you should submit a story suggestion and one of our regular writers will write about you), we want you to give good, educational information to our readers. (your bio is where the self promotion goes).
- We do not allow guest bloggers (or any writers for SHARPEN) to repost the article that they write for SHARPEN. So if it is selected and published, you will not be able to republish it anywhere else. Google HATES duplicate content and both of our sites (yours and ours) get punished for it.
Still interested in guest blogging. Send your completed article, bio and illustration images to email@example.com with the subject “GUEST BLOG”. We hope to see your article online!